Monday, May 11, 2015

Did You Know ...

That May is National Photography Month? Over at Pink Paislee's, the team will be sharing tips on how to let your photos shine!
We’re living in a world of “Instant” at the moment and I’m so glad we can whip out our phone and snap precious moments in an instant. Instant memories! Don’t get me wrong, my DSLR still gets its love but for everyday moments, I turn to my trusted phone for convenience. On my layout, I’ve incorporated several photos of an excursion, captured using my built in camera on the phone.



Using more than 1 photo helps to create a flow in my picture-telling. With a couple more photos, it gives me the freedom to journal less and allow the pictures to narrate.



These series of pictures were taken in various places with many distracting backgrounds. To achieve a cohesive look, I converted these 4 pictures into a black and white collage. Printed them on my home printer and had them as the focal point on my layout.

I’m inclined towards grid style when it comes to scrapbooking on 12″x12″ layouts and Pink Paislee’s Insta-Kit (Citrus Bliss) came in handy. This package contains 4″x4″ Instagram cards with different designs on them. Each in the form of overlay, card sheets and frames. There are so many permutations in combining these cards and frames because the colors are well-coordinated. It’s hip to be square!

Here, I layered these frames and cards one on top of another and embellished each square window.



There you are, having several photos on a layout isn’t as difficult as it sounds, isn’t it.

No comments: